Thursday 3 November 2016

The language of the Computer and its significance in IT Security

Reverse Engineering
While at University I didn't know the intricate details of reEngineering or why it was so important, till I took a course that detailed RE and I played with x86 assembly language.

Afterwards
I remember speaking to someone over the phone and saying I hadn't done RE and after that conversation I told myself "hold on a sec, didn't you play with the gnu debugger and all those assembly language codes you played with to reverse a program?"

In the Industry
It has been huge for years but only almost recently did Security analyst begin looking into RE for safety. There is the battle, some call it "the battle of the Titans": ARM vs x86

My interest
Between these two, I'm still confused. However, I read on a blog by a Cambridge research student that the x86 is a safer route to take than the ARM. So I am still contemplating which will be fastest for me to learn and grasp quickly. I need to get into this technology so that I can understand what hackers think in the process of RE.

Having said all, I'll keep you posted when I start learning one of these assembly languages.

Next up: the differences between ARM and x86 (Intel).

No comments:

Post a Comment