Wednesday 19 March 2014

Genesis of this Journey

Sadness began as I walked through the door to the office of the school administration. Like dark circles, my life for the next three years played before me. Did I say "I'm doomed".. I didn't but it did look like it. I cried my first postgrad research cry on my first day, how pathetic!
Well, what they don't really explain to you are details of a full-time research. I will explain: 

  • To finish excellently well, technically 24 hours a day is not enough!
  • You need minimum 60 hours a week (these times are for Christians only coz church is subtracted from the hours).
  • Having a Mon-Fri five hours a day job? I strongly advice not to dare! I've got almost same dilemma
  • Living two hours by road travel away from University? Your biggest nightmare!
Put all of these and extra personal work going, you can understand my point. Sleep is now a luxury. Four hours of sleep is a great gift!

If you are considering a research postgrad, mostly a PhD.. Think strongly along these things. I am caught up now. Don't get caught up!

First posted on my previous blog on Tuesday 24th September

No comments:

Post a Comment