Wednesday 2 August 2017

Dear dear Readers

I know it can be rather frustrating to return to a blog you read of similar interests, and it hasn't been updated, not a picture or a text.
I understand you dear reader, and I must give my utmost apology for this space of time when I've been unable to click on the "blogger" or bring myself to think of the phrases to explain my next "adventure".

This is my little note of apology and I hope you understand. Since I got my new role that has barely given me space for myself due to the job excitement, I have been incommunicado with you. I sincerely do apologise but I won't be too quick to add that it will never be repeated because I am human and we always make mistakes. Rather, I'll add that I will do my best to keep the experience here more up-to-date and well, exciting (I should hope). Having said that, I've been up to rather new and strange exciting tasks of late.

I am doing something quite different at the moment and I thought to share this because I do not know if I'll be able to keep my head above water. To save you from drowning in this sea of AWS and Salesforce, I had to quickly steal 10 minutes from my regular desk to my news desk.

So here:
I am working on moving Salesforce logs which is saved in an app termed EM WAVE to Amazon's S3 bucket.
As you may all have guessed, I'm pretty new to Amazon Web Services (A.K.A AWS). I took a dive in when the AWS Engineer bailed out on the organisation I work for. Well, not exactly but kind of. He wasn't very happy with his job and I could tell on my first week on the job. Anyway, fast-forward to this week, I have to create a lambda function to move the Wave logs to S3, apparently, I need a python script for this. "Where is my Python knowledge stored again?"
What I've done is, I'm trying it out with a test S3. I thought to install an app in my Salesforce Sandbox to try it out, that was so silly because Salesforce logs aren't stored in salesforce.com. I'm getting a little help from Salesforce website and another referred by Salesforce:




That's it so far. I'll update the blog about my big mistake with Salesforce, I promise.

1 comment: