Thursday 17 April 2014

The way forward - design and implementation

As I have previously mentioned, I am in the Computing field of study and design & implementation are key. So I am working with a fingerprint reader and I have shown that in my design. My challenge is storing the fingerprint in the server and using that for the matching. I am in a state of confusion how to get started as my Java knowledge is quite rusty now. I also read about fingerprint storage and matching somewhere over the internet, it mentioned the use of MD5 hash.. Well, er, I'll have to figure how it all works out with the fingerprint.

writing up
So my supervisor is anti-latex. How do I say to my colleagues I am using Ms Word for typing up my work? It's so strange for someone who attended a University of good ranking where we were taught and preached against using Word for academic papers. Good news is that some people use it and it works. What I don't get is why I have to buy end-note. Er, I'll have to find a way around that, I'm not paying for something that is so free and easy to use on latex. The University must have an option for it or pay for a license.

#Random
I just woke up from a nap. I need to go get some work done because I have a Skype call with my supervisor soon. Phew! #lifeofanewrecruit #lifeofaphdstudent

No comments:

Post a Comment