Tuesday 8 August 2017

Ways to move Salesforce Monitoring logs from Shield to S3

In one of my previous posts, I did mention how I was struggling with the reality of moving logs from Salesforce shield to Amazon S3.
After so many attempts at Googling and random research coupled with disturbing my manager about my findings, I came across something quite useful, I think.

Solution 1:
Shield logs are in Heroku, so I created a Heroku account to move my logs there using a free plugin, then from the plugin to S3 (the plugin integrates nicely with S3). Heroku however has failed to work as it should but we are getting there.

Solution 2 from my Manager:
User cURL script, download the logs to the desktop and upload to S3 (I will try it if 1 doesn't work)

Solution 3:
I found that I could use Python script to pull it through to S3 directly but lambda function on AWS is a bit awry for me (maybe not the right word but that would do).

No comments:

Post a Comment